Ronaldo insists sex was "completely consensual"

Cristiano Ronaldo

GETTY PROBE Cristiano Ronaldo is being investigated over an alleged sexual assault

Documents concerning rape allegations made against Cristiano Ronaldo have been "completely fabricated", according to the player's lawyer.

On behalf of Ronaldo, his lawyer Peter Christiansen has released a lengthy statement in response to the allegations.

Mayorga had told German magazine Der Spiegel that she had met Ronaldo at a nightclub in Las Vegas before being invited to a hotel room later that night.

A message left with the firm representing Mayorga by USA TODAY Sports was not immediately returned on Wednesday.

A lawsuit filed September 27 in Nevada state court seeks to void the non-disclosure agreement that Mayorga's attorneys say she signed while accepting $375,000 to keep quiet.

Ms Mayorga alleges the incident took place at the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas in June 2009, while Ronaldo celebrated his big money move to Real Madrid.

"To be clear, Mr Ronaldo vehemently denies all of the allegations in the complaint and has consistently maintained that denial for the last nine years", Mr Christiansen said on gestifute.com.

"The documents that allegedly contain statements by Cristiano Ronaldo and were reproduced in the media are pure inventions", Christiansen said.

The lawyer says Ronaldo does not deny that he agreed to enter into an agreement, but "the reasons that led him to do so are at least to be distorted".

"Far from any admission of guilt or any ulterior motive, Mr Ronaldo was advised to privately resolve the allegations against him in order to avoid the inevitable attempts that are now being made to destroy a reputation that has been built upon hard work, athleticism and honour".

Ronaldo issued a statement last week to "firmly deny the accusations being issued against me".

Police in Las Vegas have confirmed they have reopened an investigation into the case, although Ronaldo has categorically denied the claims.

"By 2015, dozens of entities [including law firms] in different parts of Europe were attacked and saw a lot of information on their electronic equipment being stolen by a hacker".

"Unfortunately, he now finds himself embroiled in the type of litigation that is all too commonplace in America".

Another woman claimed she was raped by Ronaldo after a party.

The attorneys said she was "emotionally fragile", out of the country and would not be interviewed by media. "I pushed him away and kept saying, "No".

"This hacker then tried to sell such information, having now a media outlet irresponsibly publishing some of the stolen documents, significant parts of which were altered and/or completely forged".

Christiansen added: "Although Cristiano Ronaldo is accustomed to media attention, inherent in the fact that he is a famous person, it is absolutely deplorable that the media continue to propagate and stimulate an intentional defamation campaign based on stolen and easily manipulated digital documents".

"Mr Ronaldo will leave future discussion of any and all legal matters to his attorneys here [in Las Vegas] and in Europe".

Latest News