"The Chinese side has been stressing that we hope that the DPRK and the USA can strengthen dialogue and consultation, follow through on the consensus and outcomes of the summit in Singapore and move forward the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula", Hua told reporters Monday.
After the Singapore summit, Trump may have eroded China's leverage by directly engaging with Pyongyang, but that doesn't mean China will be left completely out of the equation, the professor said.
"Just now you said that some people in the USA associated the inconsistency of the statements made by the DPRK and the United States after their high-level meeting with China's role in the Korean Peninsula issue", she noted.
"I have it for him".
Pompeo was in Pyongyang from Friday to Saturday to try to flesh out a bare bones denuclearisation deal made during last month's historic summit between Kim and US President Donald Trump.
The yen is seemingly oblivious to this deterioration in Korean peninsula discussion.
Accusations from US politicians, however, have triggered nationalistic sentiment among Chinese netizens.
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, right, and Kim Yong Chol, a North Korean senior ruling party official and former intelligence chief, arrive for a lunch at the Park Hwa Guest House in Pyongyang, North Korea, July 7, 2018.
The Ulchi civilian drills were launched in 1968, a year after a failed attempt by North Korean commandos to assassinate then-South Korean dictator Park Chung-hee.
While China may be genuinely committed to pushing Pyongyang to denuclearize, it'll inevitably bear the brunt of any back-and-forth from North Korea's delivery, according to Tsai Tung-Chieh, a professor of worldwide politics at National Chung Hsing University in Taichung, central Taiwan.
President Donald Trump said he hasn't yet given Kim Jong Un a CD with the song "Rocket Man" he autographed, but still plans to. Among other things, Kim told the farmers how important good-tasting potatoes are and counted the big trucks on the farm.
South Korea said on Tuesday it has chose to scrap an annual government mobilization drill this year as part of a suspended joint exercise with the United States but will carry out its own drills to maintain readiness.The ministers of safety and defense made the announcement at a media briefing on Tuesday.
Trump later added on Twitter that the decision would "save a fortune".