Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Causes Fatal Injuries in Newark

In an enclosed space carbon monoxide produced by a vehicle can be deadly. More

In an enclosed space carbon monoxide produced by a vehicle can be deadly. More

- A married woman and her mechanic lover reportedly died from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in a running auto in a garage.

Anonymous police sources told media outlets the woman evidently agreed to have sex with the mechanic in exchange for work done on the auto.

Kahali Johnson tells WABC-TV he found the bodies about 9 p.m. Tuesday at a parking garage in Newark. He said he found his wife on the ground while the mechanic appeared to be looking at the vehicle.

Notably, law enforcement sources believe the mechanic was also Hargrave's lover, WNBC reports.

The mother said she had just spoken to Hargrave and "around 5:30 she said she was going to AutoZone to get the oil filter from her mechanic to put it on", CBS reported, quoting a friend as saying Tameka's loved ones aren't sure why she was in the vehicle.

'We want to know why - what was she doing in the vehicle?

Hargrave, a mother to at least two girls, died because there were no carbon monoxide alarms in the garage, her family said. I can't do that, ' she said.

One of her daughters, Khalisha Johnson, told CBS she didn't understand why they hadn't been installed considering other security precautions had been taken. "I just want my mother back".

Emergency responders and police are on the scene investigating a possible carbon monoxide poisoning incident with fatal injuries reported at this time.

The male victim has not been identified, and police believe their deaths were accidental. "They do not have adequate alarm systems, because if there had been an alarm in that garage, people would have been alerted to the fact that it was going on".

Latest News