"Please be specific if Chinese have constructed concrete posts, seven helipads, new trenches and placed several dozen armoured vehicles in Doklam", Congress leader Randeep Singh Surjewala said in a tweet.
He said: "We have always believed that the Doklam issue should be sorted out by conversation, persuasion and diplomacy in the first instance, in the interest of all the three countries - India, China and Bhutan".
Donglong, as Doklam is called by the Chinese, "is always under China's effective jurisdiction", Lu added. The road was being built by China in an area also claimed by Bhutan.
He said China was exercising sovereignty in its own territory.
India's objection to the road was Doklam's proximity to its highway that connects its northeast with rest of the country.
Troops of the two countries had withdrawn from the face-off site at Doklam in Bhutanese territory after a more than two month-long face-off there past year.
"MEA statement does not say a word about the alleged construction by Chinese Army as depicted in satellite imagery".
"This incident has put bilateral relations to undergo a severe test. But we are also there, so in case they come, we will face them", he said.
Since then, reports have regularly pointed to a surge in Chinese troops as well as heavy equipment and construction activity not far from the standoff point, but the MEA has maintained that there has been no change to the "status quo".
On Friday, the MEA said, "We are of course keeping a constant vigil on the developments which have a bearing on India's security and taking all necessary steps to safeguard it. Any suggestion to the contrary is inaccurate and mischievous", he said.
In New Delhi, the Ministry of External Affairs on Thursday said the face-off situation that had arisen in the Doklam region a year ago was "resolved following diplomatic discussions between India and China, based on which both sides arrived at an understanding for the disengagement of their border personnel at the face-off site".
Image only for representation.