The Great Amazon-Google Smackdown Hits the Vegas Strip

The Great Amazon-Google Smackdown Hits the Vegas Strip

The Great Amazon-Google Smackdown Hits the Vegas Strip

Google Assistant soon will be coming to more than a dozen voice-activated speakers, including Altec Lansing, Anker Innovations, Bang & Olufsen, Braven, iHome, JBL, Jensen, JB, Klipsch, Knit Audio, Memorex, Riva Audio and SoLIS, Huffman said. The retail site will sell Google's products and will also sell the Nest smart thermostat, and Google's Assistant will be the main focus of the site. Seven percent of Americans report acquiring at least one smart speaker between Black Friday and the end of 2017, and 4% report acquiring their first smart speaker device during the holidays. "Google has many more languages.so moving forward there are question marks about how long Amazon can sustain the growth". It's unclear if this would be limited to Google's own offerings, like subscriptions to Google Play Music, its Spotify and Apple Music competitor, or more broadly to other vendors, as Alexa permits. LG of course had plenty to show off, namely its new Nano Cell Super UHD TVs and the new OLED G8 TV models, both of which look stylish, promising, and are full of improvements over last year's TVs from the brand. Namely, this piece of software allows you to integrate Alexa into your wireless headphones and smartwatches so you can use it wherever you want.

According to the company, Alexa riding with Toyota and Lexus auto owners will open doors of possibilities to the latter, and allow them to carry out tasks even on the road. Instead of being reliant exclusively on Echo speakers, Amazon wants as many outside devices to have built-in microphones to access Alexa as possible. But, for the most part, your vehicle will still respond to the same commands in the same way.

With Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant support, Whirlpool customers can use voice commands anywhere in the house for everything from asking how much time is left on the microwave, setting and adjusting microwave cooking mode, set temperature and time on the AC, to starting, stopping and pausing washer and dryer.

When Lenovo Group Ltd chose to create an assistant-enabled screen last summer that would sit on a kitchen counter like a mini-TV, it turned to Google. To be sure, Alexa is in a far more diverse set of products than Google Assistant - such as robots and AR glasses - right now, but the emergence of Google-powered smart displays one-ups the Echo Show and the Spot. Dubbed simply "Lenovo Smart Display", this Google Assistant-based smart speaker offers the convenience of an either 8 or 10-inch screen to facilitate deeper, more intuitive interaction between the user (s), and Google's Assistant. "What we're seeing is heavy competition between all the personal assistants", says Gartner analyst Brian Blau. Amazon's Echo line controlled about 73 percent of that market, while Google Home, which debuted in late 2016, controlled the remaining 27 percent.

Interestingly, the announcement came from Panasonic, the first company off the blocks to partner with Amazon and it said the feature can function even if there is no internet connectivity.

Latest News