Arthur Collins found guilty in London acid attack

Arthur Collins trial: Co-accused cleared over club acid attack

Mangle E8 acid attack: Arthur Collins guilty of throwing substance in London Fields club

His ex, Ferne recently welcomed their first child together after confirming her pregnancy following the news of the scary attack.

He told the court he thought it was a date rape drug and took it from two men after overhearing them planning to spike a girl's drink.

Arthur Collins went to a nightclub with a container which he knew contained strong acid, and was willing to use it.

Collins said the "hand wash" was actually a hair-thickening shampoo containing amino acid and coconut oil which he was concerned about his young nieces finding it and "biting it".

Andre Phoenix, 21, a mixed martial arts fighter who stood co-accused alongside Collins, was cleared of all charges by a jury after almost nine hours of deliberations.

Now, CCTV footage has emerged of Collins throwing the acid in the packed nightclub, showing the exact moment many were left burned following the nightmare attack.

Lily Saw, London Crown Prosecution Services reviewing lawyer, said in a statement: "Our prosecution proved this acid attack was no accident. There is understandable concern about this issue, and these convictions show that those who choose to use acid as a weapon can expect to face very serious criminal charges".

He said he did not hand himself in to police because he feared Ms McCann would be targeted by gang members if he did.

Collins told the court he'd been at the club to celebrate McCann's pregnancy. There was panic and shouting and I just started crying because my face felt as if it was on fire.

Collins is due to be sentenced on December 19.

However, Mr Phoenix told the jury he had no idea anybody was carrying acid and he had only been trying to stop a row between Mr Collins and another man.

Phoenix said he would just "knock them out" if someone angered him, adding 'I don't roll with acid'.

Victims who suffered burns to their faces, eyes, upper bodies, arms and legs, were seen on CCTV dropping to the floor and holding ice to their blistering skin.

Mr Phoenix attended the Whittington Hospital in Archway, north London, the following day for treatment.

Latest News