On Sunday evening, Warner Bros. released a statement: "We have become aware of allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico".
All sixteen cast members - made up of fan favourites and previous "villains" from The Bachelor franchise - have been sent home after filming was abruptly shut down in Mexico last week. With an investigation underway, a cast member exclusively told RadarOnline.com that many cast members believe the incident has been blown out of proportion.
Tanner Tolbert and his wife, Jade Roper, found love on season 2 of Bachelor In Paradise and feel for the season 4 castmates who won't get the opportunity themselves following the alleged sexual misconduct incident between Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson.
According to Los Angeles Times reporter Amy Kaufman, who is writing a book about The Bachelor, a producer filed a complaint after witnessing the NSFW incident. "But then they were sent home". "We're pissed that this whole thing happened", the anonymous contestant said. They could have seen that she was drinking too much, and that he was taking advantage. "They could have stopped this before it got this far", one unnamed contestant told People. "So, I'm angry at the show, and everyone else is too".
"The show absolutely values the primacy of consent, and this instance it appears as though conduct allegedly occurred without the proper consent having been given", the source told the magazine.
Several cast members have taken to social media to say they are "heartbroken" by the show's suspension.
The spinoff of "The Bachelor" was shooting its fourth season.
This detective work as to who was involved comes from Reality Steve, aka Steve Carbone, who regularly spoils reality shows on his blog.
The fourth season of the ABC reality series was set to premiere in the United States on August 8, but production has been shut down while the incident is investigated.