Iran's foreign minister on Thursday rejected Donald Trump's condolences for deadly attacks in Tehran, calling the United States president's words repugnant.
The attacks yesterday at Tehran's parliament complex and the shrine of revolutionary leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini wounded more than 50 people and were the first claimed by IS in Iran.
Egypt has condemned Islamic State-claimed attacks on Iran's parliament and a shrine to its revolutionary leader in the "strongest terms".
A statement issued Wednesday evening stopped short of alleging direct Saudi involvement but called it "meaningful" that the attacks followed Trump's visit to Saudi Arabia, where he strongly asserted Washington's support for Riyadh.
The contest for regional dominance between Iran and Saudi Arabia, the Middle East's main Sunni power, has helped fuel wars in Syria and Yemen.
The five gunmen had returned to Iran in August 2016 for a terrorist operation under the command of Abu Aysheh, a ranking commander of Daesh, with the objective of carrying out attacks in Iran's religious cities, the statement said.
Iranian security forces and allied militias are battling Islamic State in Iraq and in Syria, where they've played a key role in propping up President Bashar al-Assad against Saudi-backed rebels.Читайте также: NASA Class of 2017: 12 Astronaut Candidates Named
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif on Thursday slammed US President Donald Trumps remarks on the Tehran terror attacks that killed 13 people.?
Wednesday's attack "adds to cross-Gulf tensions that already had been elevated by the Trump trip - in which anti-Iranism was a principal theme - and by the Iran angle in the actions taken against Qatar", said Paul Pillar, a professor at Georgetown University in Washington and former Central Intelligence Agency officer.
In a video that appeared to have been recorded before the attack on Tehran, five masked fighters were shown threatening Shi'ites in Iran as well as the Saudi Arabian government saying their turn "will come".
Iran denounced Donald Trump's reaction to deadly Islamic State group attacks in Tehran as "repugnant" on Thursday after the USA president warned the nation is reaping what it sows. The official narrative, which has wide purchase within Iran, is that the United States and its Sunni allies in the Persian Gulf are responsible for the emergence of the Islamic State, courtesy of USA military interventions in the region and the Gulf states' promotion of extremist interpretations of Islam. The deputy head of Iran's Revolutionary Guards promised retaliation on ISIS and its allies. He told a group of students that if "Iran had not resisted", it would have faced even more troubles. The siege lasted for hours, and one of the attackers blew himself up inside, according to Iran's state TV.
"The Iranian nation will go forward", he added.
After Iranian security forces killed Abu Aisha along with a number of other group members in western Iran and dismantled their cell, five terrorists escaped from the country, the intelligence ministry's statement reads.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог